Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts

Advanced

Random Encounter Story

Posted by Neverwashere 
Random Encounter Story
May 19, 2012 03:41PM
"In a pinch, maybe. Maybe," he said, eyes gleaming with humour as he took her hand again.
Random Encounter Story
May 19, 2012 04:00PM
Sylvie grinned, relaxed, clearly not worrying about that wrinkle very much now.

However, soon she said more seriously, "I do wish it were easier to trust your goddesses. The occasional job like the one here in Canyet might actually be interesting, if it didn't involve silly games from them. And didn't take up most or all of our lives."
Random Encounter Story
May 19, 2012 04:09PM
He'd been thinking about that angrily for a while, and had found some things to point out. "I'll threaten to go ahead and destroy myself if they give us too much work." Sebastian took a deep breath. "That's what leaving you would do for me. And they don't want me to follow the path to madness. My only worry is... what it would do to you."

He gave a minimal shrug. "I'm not sure if extorting my goddesses like that will work, but I'm damned sure I'll deprive them of their favourite plaything in one way or another, make myself useless somehow."
Random Encounter Story
May 19, 2012 04:22PM
Sylvie bit her lip, considering. When she answered, her voice was quite even, with only a bare tint of worry. "You're putting a lot on me there, you know."
Random Encounter Story
May 19, 2012 04:27PM
"Yes, but I wanted to be honest. I'm concerned about what kind of things they have in mind, but I'm certainly not going to dance to their tune anymore. If they want to keep all my expertise -- ah, hells. They think they need you to keep me operational, and I agree," he sighed, gaze to the left. "Anyway, there is this one thing. Call it a mixture of instinct and logic, but..." He shrugged. "They're going to talk to us again."
Random Encounter Story
May 19, 2012 04:33PM
"If Lady Land didn't mean we'd agreed to the whole deal already, that makes sense, yes." What she really wanted right now was time and peace and quiet so they could sort themselves out properly.
Random Encounter Story
May 19, 2012 04:39PM
"Well, you did tell her it's too much to digest for now," he reminded her, gently, biting the inside of his mouth briefly. "Well, in any case, I just wish they'll talk to us. I want you and to see your home, and... the rest of it." Sebastian stared at the foliage again, wistful and -- for once in a long while -- utterly terrified of uncertain fate. His stare continued, and for a while he didn't answer, even though he was fully aware of Sylvie's presence in their little copse.
Random Encounter Story
May 19, 2012 05:11PM
Sylvie slung one arm around Sebastian's shoulders and leaned back a bit so she could get a better view of his face. "I want to go home, and I want to be with you. And I want both of us to be sane."
Random Encounter Story
May 19, 2012 05:56PM
Eventually: "Me too. Something to strive for, that. I'll put every ounce of my energy into that," he said, turning to look right back at her. A faint smile was trying to wrest its way onto the surface, and the look he gave her spoke for itself. He may have been worried, true, but he shared the worry -- yet it didn't quite stop himself from pieceing together the words she'd to him bed, not so long ago. Sebastian simply didn't say them aloud.
Random Encounter Story
May 19, 2012 09:56PM
Sylvie didn't have it in her to make the obvious joke about leaving some energy for other things. Instead, she leaned in for a kiss.
Random Encounter Story
May 19, 2012 09:58PM
It had occured to him (and Sebastian had been expecting one joke along those lines for reasons he still didn't fully understand), but he leaned into the kiss with a low chuckle. "You with me, or -- me with you, if you catch my drift?"
Random Encounter Story
May 21, 2012 03:22PM
"I think I do. I also think what we should be after right now is breakfast." Not teasing him, instead maybe a little apologetic. The fact of the matter was that half-formed thoughts about power and the lack thereof churned in her head, leaving her off-balance and uncomfortable.
Random Encounter Story
May 21, 2012 06:16PM
"Mmm," was all he said. He was thinking along the same lines, and as such, Sebastian lifted her off his thighs, stretched them and finally got up, hobbling a little.

After their meager breakfast, he was ready to move on again.
Random Encounter Story
May 21, 2012 07:12PM
They followed the valley, sometimes on narrow paths that were clearly more often used by deer than people. Following the water should take them towards the river, which flowed in the general direction they were headed. It was slow going on the soft and fragrant forest soil, but at least they headed more south than east, not back into the area affected by the unnatural rain.

They did not talk much. Sylvie tried to not get too distracted from the surroundings. As thoughts went, "Could I get away from this if I wanted?" was not a comfortable one. She tried to think instead of what she could do. And what she wanted now.

As bodies of flowing water were wont to, the barely-there rivulet they were following merged with others, and eventually fed into a wider stream.
Random Encounter Story
May 21, 2012 07:24PM
It was the stream that finally, after all that silence and general wariness, caught Sebastian's attention fully. Prior to that, he had been keeping an eye on Sylvie and feeling worried, but...

The stream.

It didn't even matter if she wasn't as excited as he was, but Sebastian ran at it, laughing, stripping clothes, throwing his satchel away and tearing off what wsa keeping his hair together.

Miraculously, the pale, scarred half-elf managed to hit the exact, deepest spot in the stream, when it began to turn wider.

He was under the surface for almost half a minute, surfacing with a content smile.
Random Encounter Story
May 21, 2012 07:39PM
That surprising display of enthusiasm got the all-out laugh out of Sylvie he had been fishing for the day before.

Still chuckling she walked to the water's edge and made sure there was no sign of anybody else being in the area before starting to undress herself. She just walked into the stream, submerging slowly to get used to its temperature, when Sebastian surfaced.

"Were you that desperate for a cold bath?"
Random Encounter Story
May 21, 2012 07:51PM
Sebastian laughed, palmed some water and grinned. Then, spreading his arms to catched her, he said: "You better believe it!"
Random Encounter Story
May 21, 2012 08:05PM
Sylvie gave another laugh before holding her breath and dropping the rest of the way and into his arms.

Still grinning she said, "Scared off the fish, you!"
Random Encounter Story
May 21, 2012 08:08PM
"No, I haven't. I'm fishy," he retorted as he catched her, grinning himself. "Want to be fishy your -- oh, never mind." Sebastian pulled Sylvie underwater with himself for a few seconds. He surfaced with a smirk on his face.
Random Encounter Story
May 21, 2012 08:13PM
It was promptly hit by a splash of water.

Sylvie snorted and laughed. "You're crazy." Not that she minded this kind of crazy.
Random Encounter Story
May 21, 2012 08:15PM
He bursted into laughter himself, twirling Sylvie around in the water. "I've always been crazy. Just, there is that little bit of being <em>crazy</em> about someone else like so."

Sebastian gave her a kiss, holding her up to the point where her waist was above the water.

And then he pulled them both underneath for a couple of measly seconds.
Random Encounter Story
May 21, 2012 08:29PM
A bit too startled by that last trick, Sylvie pushed herself off him. When she surfaced again, treading water - a bit more than armslength away from Sebastian, but not out of reach - she coughed once or twice and snorted repeatedly.
Random Encounter Story
May 21, 2012 08:34PM
Sebastian looked a little worried once he surfaced partially, the tip of his nose underneath the surface -- eyes wide. Soon, he was treading water again, eyes wide. "Not too crazy, I hope," the half-elf said, ashamed, as he moved a big strand of grey hair from his face.
Random Encounter Story
May 21, 2012 08:42PM
"Just a tiny bit maybe," she answered, smiling a little nervously. "Bad timing for breathing on my side."

She raked her own hair back with her fingers and hit on something to try to bridge the awkward moment. "Could you maybe later braid my hair? I could leave it for a few days and not worry about tangles."
Random Encounter Story
May 21, 2012 08:44PM
He put on a small, almost shy smile as he tread water. "Good idea, darling, dearest. You're talking to the braiding expert. You'll not find another one like me." The last few words very almost inaudible. Then he vanished beneath the surface again, closing his eyes and emptying his lungs until he sank to the bottom. Water. It was cruel and essential, but it felt so nice.
Random Encounter Story
May 21, 2012 09:03PM
"That I believe," she muttered, and steered herself with a few strokes closer to land, where she could stand on the ground - slightly slippery rocks and nests of gravel between them - and keep her head above water. Trusting Sebastian wasn't drowning himself, she turned to face the gentle current, leaned back, and combed her hair with her fingers.
Random Encounter Story
May 21, 2012 09:07PM
He remained there for a while, eyes open, lips curled into a smile. <em>Would this be enough?</em> Sebastian wondered, staying put on the rocky bottom for a few more seconds. <em>No. But it could be good,</em> he finally decided, twitched and kicked himself to the surface, where he took a long gasp of air, shook his head and located Sylvie.

His heart almost missed a beat. The pale white thing swam closer, intending to insinuate himself next to her. "Anything else you'll believe?" the half-elf finally asked, looking somewhat ridiculous what with the hair covering his left eye.
Random Encounter Story
May 21, 2012 09:12PM
"I'm not sure. What do you have?"
Random Encounter Story
May 21, 2012 09:13PM
"Love?" he suggested.
Random Encounter Story
May 21, 2012 09:34PM
She straightened up and looked at him, surprised and puzzled. "Yes." It sounded a little like a question, because she wasn't entirely sure if he meant "I love you", or wanted to start a philosophical discussion, or what.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login