Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts

Advanced

Random Encounter Story

Posted by Neverwashere 
Random Encounter Story
May 24, 2012 11:07PM
This got twin stares. Twice. First at Sebastian (reproachfully) and then at Sylvie (quite blankly).

<em>We don't necessarily decide. We know. Or,</em> Land pointed at Luck, <em>she knows the way things may end.</em>

The butterfly grinned.

"Fine," Sebastian said at length, solemn and sorrowful. "For my part, I'm ready for anything as long as it means I'll get to have some stability. I'm sick of being no-one, and without anybody. Just let me... I don't know about her, but I'll damned well agree to this. If only you'll let us go at some point? That's all I ask for. I just want Sylvie."

This seemed to suit the goddesses.

<em>You?</em> asked Fortuna, Luck, Chance. <em>You can always say no.</em> There was a hint of mischief to her voice.

The orchid was silent.
Random Encounter Story
May 24, 2012 11:17PM
<em>Why do you want me to decide other people's fate?</em> was what Sylvie had meant, but Sebastian's words freed her from having to ask. She took the half step towards Sebastian, her shoulders dropping, and stroked his hair. She closed her eyes, and leaned back her head briefly, sighing.

"I want us to go home. I agree."
Random Encounter Story
May 24, 2012 11:26PM
He was on the verge of tears of abandonment when Sylvie came to him. Then they turned into tears of wonder, because for once someone cared enough to --

...say that?

Sebastian sucked in the tears. It ran from his nose soon, but he was still utterly wordless.

The goddesses, on the other hand, when he looked at them both tilted their heads, then shrugged.

<em>Well. That is it, then. Take care of him,</em> said Fortuna, pointing first at Sylvie -- and then at Sebastian. <em>And you. Mind your luck. You finally have it.</em>

<em>Pompous bastard,</em> the Old Lady muttered, then cleared her throat. The orchid began to move away, as if swaying in the wind. <em>Keep walking. You'll find your way.</em> And as if the two entities had never been there, the flower and butterfly disappeared with only a few words echoing in the distance.

<em>Be there, be two-in-one.</em>

And after a moment of silence, a very shocked half-elf turned a teary stare at Sylvie. He had no words, but he kept trying to ask questions, make statements, but found everything lacking. Sebastian settled for staring.
Random Encounter Story
May 24, 2012 11:39PM
Sylvie sat down next to him and put an arm around his shoulders, pulled him close. Her other hand reached for his face.

There were tears in her eyes, but she gave Sebastian a warm smile. "We'll see how this turns out. Eventually."
Random Encounter Story
May 24, 2012 11:53PM
Her hand turned out wet. Strange, that, he wondered. Being highly emotional like that. Eventually, he took a long warbling breath. "Eventually. But, mm." He paused, finally putting his arms around her and smelling her scent.

The word came out weakly but hopefully.

"...home?"
Random Encounter Story
May 25, 2012 12:00AM
<em>Hopefully. Eventually. We'll have to work for it, and not just because of them.</em> But still, strange as they were, the goddesses' promise lifted Sylvie's spirits.

"Yes."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login