Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Posts

Advanced

Random Encounter Story

Posted by Neverwashere 
Random Encounter Story
April 25, 2012 05:54PM
"Not my place to judge them," Kord said, shrugging like a country bumpkin ought to. At that point there was a fair bit of screeching and cursing from another part of the shrine. "Wonder who he got her to wake up," Kord mused out loud. "Last I saw, sister Auker was out cold like the dead."
Random Encounter Story
April 25, 2012 08:02PM
"Whatever it was, it worked."
Random Encounter Story
April 25, 2012 08:05PM
"By the sound of it, damn well," Kord admitted. Just moment's later Auker marched in and slammed the door in Sebastian's face before he could enter the room. "Tea. Now. Coffee. Whatever," the priestess demanded, face wet and dripping water still. Sebastian entered with a calm look on his face, rubbing his left hand.
Random Encounter Story
April 25, 2012 08:27PM
Sylvie poured a cup for her and handed it over to Auker, before pouring for Sebastian, and refilling her own cup. She did not grin, and she most definitely did not say "Classic". Or anything else, for that matter.
Random Encounter Story
April 25, 2012 08:29PM
Nor did he. He sat as far away from Auker as possible; she was still glaring at him. "Fortuna damn you, Sebastian the Fortunate. Why are we in such a hurry?"

"Well, first off... ahm. Well, we made contact with the authorities. It's Montmore."

"Wait, what?" she squawked, turning a fierce look at Sylvie.
Random Encounter Story
April 25, 2012 08:30PM
"He said he's an agent representing the city, region, and country," Sylvie repeated. "Been at it for ten years." She was perfectly calm.
Random Encounter Story
April 25, 2012 09:16PM
"Uh," Kord said, then regarded Sylvie again. "Well, that's a surprise. Really. We don't keep an eye on those guys. They'd mess with us if we did. He just got and said this to you two?"
Random Encounter Story
April 25, 2012 09:20PM
"After we told him what was going on and asked him for his help."
Random Encounter Story
April 25, 2012 09:22PM
"Monty's government?" Auker shrieked, still trying to come to grips with the infromation. Sebastian settled for eyeing the ceiling.

"Well, that's interesting," Kord managed, staring at the three of them. "But he's going to help?"

"I was planning on--" Auker began before remembering where she was. "Oh, hell, he'd better. I'm going to tear him a new one if he doesn't help. And he's going to have to answer a few straight questions and I'll tear him <em>another</em> one if he doesn't answer that, too!"

Sebastian looked a bit helpless.
Random Encounter Story
April 25, 2012 09:27PM
"He said we had his support, yes." When she lowered her cup after a sip, her smile was bordering on a grin. "Auker, can I watch? It'd like to make observations and take notes. It's research."
Random Encounter Story
April 25, 2012 09:48PM
"You damn well can, I'll, I'll..." she hissed and spat and suddenly wound down. "Oh. Research for what?"

Sebastian smirked in spite of himself. In fact, he looked as though he had a hard time not laughing. He mouthed three silent words to Sylvie.
Random Encounter Story
April 25, 2012 09:57PM
Sylvie gave Sebastian a slow blink, like a happy cat.

"Just general interest, not thorough research. Methods of scaring people into giving up information, and their reactions. And Montmore needs to be a test case for <em>something</em>.

"He should be here in a bit less than an hour, by the way."
Random Encounter Story
April 25, 2012 09:59PM
The half-elf couldn't even speak. He was too busy ogling at Sylvie with respect and appreciation -- a very firm grin stuck on his face, in addition.

"Well, he'll get a treatment!" Auker huffed. "I'll... I'll... well, all right. I'll calm down," she said, once Kord placed a shovel-sized hand on her head.

"Yes, sister. Best you do that," the man muttered, looking around nervously.
Random Encounter Story
April 25, 2012 10:13PM
Sylvie gave Kord a mock innocent look before telling Auker, "Don't do anything on my behalf, but if you do, I'd like to take the opportunity."

She took a deep breath, let it go slowly, and in the process visibly relaxed. Smiling and an amused rather than gleeful gleam in her eye she said, "Sebastian? One way spending time with you is educational: I'm getting much better at channeling anger."
Random Encounter Story
April 25, 2012 10:57PM
"You keep trying to make me laugh," Sebastian shot back, but looked amused nonetheless, glancing into the teapot with mock sorrow. "But I'm glad I'm at least somewhat conducive to your spiritual growth," he added.

Auker, in the meantime, was boiling. "That... why didn't he tell me?!"

Kord, knowing full well how women could blow up, looked even more cautious. "Uhm, sister... it's his job?"

Sebastian looked up, lightning fast, and stared at Auker. Much to his and Kord's relief, the woman frowned. "Oh. That's right."
Random Encounter Story
April 25, 2012 11:13PM
Sylvie's smile faded. "I'm sorry, Auker."
Random Encounter Story
April 25, 2012 11:17PM
For a moment the living bomb just ground her teeth together. "What? You're sorry? You don't need to be," Auker said calmly, seating herself properly. "He's the one who's going to be sorry."

"Oh Ladies..."
Random Encounter Story
April 25, 2012 11:24PM
"He won't be a help anymore if he gets his head ripped off," Sylvie said, matching Auker's tone.
Random Encounter Story
April 25, 2012 11:27PM
"Well, that's true," Auker said, eyes still bloodshot. She still seemed a little out of it, especially with the news she'd just received. "I'm damned well going to get something out of him for this, though." Sebastian and Kord both diplomatically stared at the ceiling as Auker continued. "Explaining to do," the priestess muttered.
Random Encounter Story
May 04, 2012 05:01PM
As a distraction for herself, so she wouldn't egg on Auker further, Sylvie made sure everyone had tea, and refilled the kettle to make more, or in case Auker wanted coffee.

After that break, which hopefully let Auker calm a bit, she said, "Well, back to ground. I'm a bit at a loss here. Sebastian, how do you think this might play out?"
Random Encounter Story
May 04, 2012 05:16PM
The half-elf smiled and looked like he wanted to do a bit more than that when given his cup of tea, something Kord for one didn't miss. Auker accepted mere tea, but grumbled. "Many ways. He might use our resources to his end, if he's ambitious. If he's the altruistic sort and fears Au--"

"He better ought to!"

"Yes, thank you, sister. Then he'll work shady, I think. I don't really know. All I know is, it's a good thing as far as fucking up the Sabas goes," he said calmly, but looked a little morose.
Random Encounter Story
May 04, 2012 06:07PM
Sylvie sat down again and looked at him, raising her eyebrows. "And that is bad because...?"
Random Encounter Story
May 04, 2012 06:08PM
"Because I don't know what shade of shady it will be," he explained, staring back at her, still melancholy.
Random Encounter Story
May 04, 2012 06:18PM
"Could you un-fold that a little so you are less confusing?"
Random Encounter Story
May 04, 2012 06:21PM
Sebastian blinked. "He's an unknown quality, but shady. I just don't know how much he's thinking of his own career opportunities. He might sell me -- and even you -- out for that bit of personal achievement."

Auker scoffed. "He won't." Sebastian glanced at her. "'cause I'll kill 'im if he does."

Judging by the look Kord and Sebastian both gave Auker (and the look the half-elf gave Sylvie), they thought she was serious.
Random Encounter Story
May 04, 2012 06:42PM
Sylvie tried to smile not too widely at the older woman. She didn't think that it was personal liking on Auker's part, but nevertheless, the support was heartwarming. "Thank you." Next she asked Sebastian, "He did turn... less smug when we mentioned Auker, didn't he?"
Random Encounter Story
May 04, 2012 06:57PM
Sebastian smiled. "Yes, actually. He's quite smitten, I think."

"<em>What?</em>"

Kord remained still after Auker's outburst. Sebastian merely kept his smile on his face.
Random Encounter Story
May 04, 2012 07:08PM
"Maybe." She tried to think back to the two talks Auker, Montmore and she had had, but wasn't sure... Montmore had come across as the type who liked acting "charming", and she hadn't really been looking for signs. Oh, well. "He did say 'Auker would never forgive me' if we got in trouble, without either of us mentioning her first, so that seems like a good sign."
Random Encounter Story
May 04, 2012 07:10PM
For once, the still slightly drunk priestess was wordless. Sebastian and Kord looked at Sylvie; the half-elf smiling, the clergyman utterly confused.

Finally, it Auker said: "...really?"

"Really," said Sebastian.
Random Encounter Story
May 04, 2012 07:48PM
"So, maybe hear him out before deciding if you're going to damage him." Sylvie kept up the calm smile even when she realised she should maybe have made clearer she had been mostly thinking of Montmore not selling them out.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login